It’s been way too long since I’ve posted. But what can I say… Summer has gotten the best of me. Between summer Fridays, going to the beach whenever possible, and dining al fresco, I haven’t spent as much time in front of my computer. But I’ll have more posts coming soon, including the best kale salad I’ve ever had (and believe me, I’ve had a lot of kale), and my favorite NYC sandwich shop. In the meantime, here’s a glimpse of what I’ve been enjoying this summer.
From the top:
- Amazing grilled calamari from Ovelia in Astoria, Queens
- Kale Market Salad via 101 Cookbooks
- The Salvatore from City Sandwich
- Blueberry Mojito from Pisticci
- Watermelon, my favorite summer fruit
- Jersey-fresh corn that needed husking. Note: Husking corn is my most loathed chore. But what’s inside is just so delicious….
- Crabs straight from the bay